Monday, November 24, 2008

Some info

So part of the process that we have to go through for Luis' immigration paperwork is a hardship process. Pretty much what we have to do is try and explain why it would be impossible for me to live in Guatemala and how Luis is such a great guy(which he is of course).The part where family and friends can help is writing a letter. So I guess I am asking, if you are willing, to write a letter in support of bringing Luis back to the United States. Here is a basic guideline:

[DATE]

NAME
ADDRESS

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is [NAME]. I am a [US CITIZEN? LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT?] of the United States. I make this statement in support of the immigration case of Luis Diaz Jr.
I have known Luis since [HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN HIM? HOW DID YOU MEET HIM?]
[INFORMATION ABOUT LUIS – HOW HE IS A GOOD PERSON, FROM A GOOD FAMILY, HARDWORKING, OR ANY OTHER GOOD STUFF.]
[INFORMATION ABOUT HOW DIFFICULT THINGS WOULD BE FOR BRITANY OF LUIS CANNOT RETURN TO THE UNITED STATES LEGALLY.]

Sincerely,
[SIGNATURE]
[NAME]

I know some haven't had the chance to meet Luis yet, and that makes it kind of difficult to write about him. The lawyers suggested to write as much as you know about him and maybe writing about what you have seen on my side without him here. The importance of family is a good factor to work in, meaning Luis and I as a family and me and my immediate (stott) family. Sending via email would be best but if you prefer the traditional way that is perfectly fine. If you have any questions just let me know! Thank you for all your support and help! It means the world to us!

My email-britanydiaz521@hotmail.com
Luis email-luisdiaz504@hotmail.com

1 comment:

dorthyinoz said...

I will start working on my letter. You two need to be together here!!!