Monday, January 12, 2009

A matter of waiting...

It's hard to believe that 2008 is done and gone but it also seems like it's time for 2008 to be done. I'm back in school...ugh...school...not a favorite of mine...especially with 18 credits to get through this term but it's essential...
Deciding to take 18 credits has limited my working hours to about 20...that's a kick... It's not nearly enough to cover half...or even a fourth of any upcoming paperwork bills Luis and I have coming up but it makes me even more grateful to have a loving dad who will do anything possible to get Luis back here in the states. I only hope we can repay him one day for all the love and support he has shown us.

Keeping up with school will be a struggle, but i think I can get through it. Not working will be the struggle though. because my school hours are kind of odd, my boss can't work me in so I am kind of relying on babysitting jobs and anything else I can get my hands on really. One of my co-workers commented on how I still babysat and thought it was a little weird. Honestly I much rather be doing that than working at a bistro...I do have a nannying job lined up, but that's not for a couple months, and until then I have to find a way to keep afloat.

A note on our paperwork, I met with the social worker who conducted my evaluation for my declaration for hardship for Luis' visa. That was a slightly emotional couple of hours. I was lucky to get a very nice lady who also agreed with families being reunited. It's hard to open up to someone you just met, but I think I managed to get my point across. Now we wait for the social worker to write up her report, send it to the lawyer, if everything looks right they send that with my declaration, the letters from family and friends, and I'm sure anything else that needs to be signed, in to the Visa center who then hopefully approves it, sends it to the Guatemala visa center who will then approve Luis for an interview. Luis has his interview. We wait a little and he gets called back and then they will tell him whether he was approved or not for his Visa.

I'm trying to stay optimistic about it all going through. So far no problems. And I think it will stay that way. It could be less than 6 months until he is home and that's what I am hoping for!

1 comment:

dorthyinoz said...

You are so strong and incredible. Hang in there and know that I am always here for you and your mommy.